How to make Honey Chilli Crispy Chicken. It's so easy! (Gluten free)
Here is a healthier way to cook Honey Chilli Crispy Chicken without deep frying.
I’m not a big fan of deep frying foods because it uses so much oil. I cook the chicken using far less oil so it’s much healthier.
This recipe is quick and easy to make.
Did I also mention this Honey Chilli Chicken recipe is gluten free too.
Serves 2 people
50g yellow peppers
50g green peppers
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon of potato starch (I used gluten free)
7 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 jar of Tsang Sweet Chilli sauce
Prepare the chicken
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips
2. Place them in a bowl
3. Add pepper, sea salt, sesame oil, water and potato starch to the chicken
5. Get a separate bowl of cornflour
6. Place the chicken strips into the bowl cornflour and ensure each chicken is fully coated with cornflour
Cook the chicken
1. Add the vegetable oil to your wok (enough oil to create about 1cm layer of oil. It was 6 tablespoons of oil for me)
2. Heat it up for a few minutes.
3. When the oil is hot, add the chicken strips coated in cornflour into the wok
4. Turn the chicken halfway to ensure the batter is cooked all the way round
5. Get a plate with some kitchen roll on it, place the cooked chicken on this and set aside. The kitchen roll will soak up the oil
6. Clean your wok
Cook the vegetables
1. Add small amount of vegetable oil to your wok (about 1 tablespoon). Heat it up for a few minutes
2. Add in the onions, yellow and green peppers
3. Cook to your desired texture
4. Add Tsang Sweet Chilli Sauce
5. When the sauce is starting to bubble, add in the chicken and stir for 30 seconds. We don’t want the chicken to cook too long so the batter can remain crispy
6. Serve with rice