Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls (Gluten Free)
Quick and easy recipe to make gluten free Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls
Jars of Tsang Sauce can be purchased online and delivered straight to your door
Makes for 2 people
Ingredients:120g self raising flour (I used gluten free)
2/3 teaspoon pepper
2/3 teaspoon salt
10 diced chicken breast
100g red pepper
100g green pepper
100g pineapple pieces
1 jar Tsang Sweet and Sour sauce
Prepare the batter
In a bowl, add the flour, water, salt and pepper together and mix until you get a thick consistency.
Make the chicken balls
- Pour about 8cm depth of oil into a saucepan. Heat the oil up.
- Dip the chicken into the batter. Ensure the chicken is fully coated and place into the pot of hot oil.
- Cook each side of the chicken ball for about 2.5 minutes and then flip over the chicken ball. Cook this side for another 2.5 minutes
- Then transfer each battered chicken onto a plate covered in kitchen roll to soak up the oil.
Cook the vegetables
- Add small amount of vegetable oil to your wok (about 3 teaspoon). Heat it up for a few minutes
- Add in the red and green peppers
- Cook to your desired texture
- Add Tsang Sweet and Sour Sauce
- When the sauce is starting to bubble, add in the chicken balls and pineapple
- Stir for 5 seconds
- Serve with rice.
Enjoy your gluten free meal for 2 with some gluten free sweet and sour sauce by Tsang Sauce.