Sweet & Sour Tofu
Serves: 2 people Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients280g block of extra firm tofu
1 Jar Tsang Sweet & Sour sauce
100g rice to serve (dry weight)
50g red bell peppers
2 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Open the tofu and drain away any excess liquid. Place the tofu between 2 plates. Place a book on top of the upper plate to squeeze more liquid out of the tofu.
2. Pour some boiling water into a pan and cook the rice according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once the rice is cooked, set the rice on the side.
3. Remove the stem and the seeds away from the red bell pepper. Cut them up into cubes.
4. Drain the water away from the tofu and pat dry using some kitchen towel. Cut into cubes.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto a non-stick pan. Heat this up on a low heat and add in the tofu. Keep cooking the tofu until all the sides of the tofu are crispy and brown. Once cooked, place the tofu onto an oven tray so it can remain crispy by placing it in a oven at a low heat.
6. Then add 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto the pan again and cook the red bell peppers and mangetout until the desired texture is reached. Add in the pineapple. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Add the Tsang Sweet and Sour sauce to the pan so the vegetables and pineapple are now cooked in the sauce. Heat until the sauce is thoroughly cooked. Add the tofu and gently mix it altogether so we don't break up the tofu.
8. To serve, split the rice between 2 bowls. Then serve the Sweet & Sour meal beside the rice on the bowls.