Sweet and Sour Vegan Balls (Gluten Free)
Quick and easy recipe to make gluten free Sweet and Sour Vegan Balls
Makes for 2 people
120g self raising flour ( I used gluten free)
2/3 teaspoon pepper
2/3 teaspoon salt
10 small mushrooms
120g red pepper
120g green pepper
100g pineapple pieces
1 jar Tsang Sweet and Sour sauce
Prepare the mushrooms
Cut the stems of the mushrooms
Prepare the slurry
In a bowl, add the flour, water, salt and pepper together and mix until you get a thick consistency.
Fry the mushrooms
- Pour about 8cm depth of oil into a saucepan. Heat the oil up.
- Dip the mushrooms into the slurry. Ensure the mushroom is fully coated and place into the pot of hot oil.
- Cook each side of the mushrooms for about 1.5 minutes and then flip over the mushroom. Cook this side for another 1.5 minutes
- Then transfer each battered mushroom onto a plate covered in kitchen roll to soak up the oil.
Cook the vegetables
- Add small amount of vegetable oil to your wok. Heat it up for a few minutes
- Add in the onions, red and green peppers
- Cook to your desired texture
- Add Tsang Sweet and Sour Sauce
- When the sauce is starting to bubble, add in the mushrooms and pineapple
- Stir for 5 seconds
- Serve with rice.
Enjoy your gluten free and vegan meal for 2 with some gluten free sweet and sour sauce by Tsang Sauce.