Sweet Chilli Tofu
Serves: 2 people Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients280g block of extra firm tofu
1 Jar Tsang Sweet Chilli sauce
100g rice to serve (dry weight)
40g red bell pepper
40g yellow bell pepper
40g green bell pepper
2 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Open the tofu and drain away any excess liquid. Place the tofu between 2 plates. Place a book on top of the upper plate to squeeze more liquid out of the tofu.
2. Pour some boiling water into a pan and cook the rice according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once the rice is cooked, set the rice on the side.
2. Peel away the onion skins and dice them up.
3. Remove the stem and the seeds away from the green, red and yellow bell peppers. Cut them up into cubes.
4. Drain the water away from the tofu and pat dry using some kitchen towel.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto a non-stick pan. Heat this up on a low heat and add in the tofu. Keep cooking the tofu until all the sides of the tofu are crispy and brown. Once cooked, place the tofu onto an oven tray so it can remain crispy by placing it in a oven at a low heat.
6. Then add 1 teaspoon of olive onto the pan again and cook all the bell peppers and onions until the desired texture is reached.
7. Add the Tsang Sweet Chilli sauce to the pan so the vegetables are now cooked in the sauce. Heat until the sauce is thoroughly heated and is boiling. Once it is boiling, add the tofu and gently mix it altogether so we don't break up the tofu.
8. To serve, drain the rice and split the rice between 2 bowls. Then serve the Sweet Chilli meal beside the rice on the bowls.