Sweet & Sour Veg
Serves: 2 people Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients1 jar of Tsang Sweet & Sour sauce
100g rice to serve (dry weight)
50g green bell pepper
50g yellow bell pepper
2 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Pour some boiling water into a pan and cook the rice according to the manufacturer's instructions. When cooked, set this aside.
2. Peel away the onion skins and dice them up.
3. Remove the stem and the seeds away from the green and yellow bell peppers. Cut them up into cubes.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto a non-stick pan. Heat this up on a low heat and add the yellow, green bell peppers together with the onion. Keep cooking until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
5. Then add in the pineapple into the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add the Tsang Sweet & Sour sauce to the pan so the vegetables and pineapple are now cooked in the sauce. Heat until the sauce is thoroughly heated and is simmering.
7. To serve, drain the rice and split the rice between 2 bowls. Then serve the Sweet & Sour meal beside the rice on the bowls.